
My uncle David (one of my dad's younger brothers) died yesterday in an automobile accident. Two of my cousins died later in the hospital after being in the same accident. Here is clip from a local newspaper:
"David Coburn, 38, and the two children [Kaitlyn and Ellie] suffered fatal injuries; a third child — Taylor Coburn, 6 — was in critical condition at St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center. Coburn’s daughters were taken to hospitals for treatment after the crash, but Idaho State Police confirmed around 7 p.m. that Ellie Coburn, 4, and Kaitlyn Coburn, 8, had died." I took out the driver's name. He was driving a truck and "the irrigation pipe trailer he was towing became disconnected from the pickup and entered the southbound lanes of travel, investigators said. Coburn, traveling southbound on the Sweet-Ola Highway in a 1997 Ford F-350, struck the pipe trailer as it entered his lane. Authorities said Coburn was unable to maintain control of his vehicle and left the roadway, coming to a rest in the rushing waters of Squaw Creek. Coburn was pronounced dead at the scene."
It is really sad. I am still in disbelief. Even as I sit here staring at the picture I put on this blog, it doesn't seem like it is real. Isn't it the most adorable family? My poor aunt lost her husband and two children in one day. I just keep thinking of Jaden, the baby, who is Hallie's age and how she'll never know her dad. I use to babysit for my uncle's family in the summer of 2002. . . Kaitlyn and Taylor. Ellie was Andrew's age. If you would, please pray for little Taylor to recover that would be great.
Emily, Taylor, and Jaden we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your family. What a tragic story. We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!
So sorry to hear about this. Their family and your family will definitely be in our prayers. Thank goodness we know about the Plan of Salvation.
Post a Comment